The mandate of the OFCM is education about organics and transition to organics. This work cannot be done without the support of people like you. The OFCM, as a chapter of the Organic Growers of Canada, is registered as a charity in Canada.
Consider supporting our work with your donation. (On the Canada Helps/Canadian Organic Growers page you can scroll down and designate your gift for OFCM):
About 140 people attended the January 21, 2016 Transition Workshop organized by the Organic Food Council of Manitoba.
It was part of the Manitoba Ag Days at the Brandon Keystone Centre. We were able to record most of that workshop and make all of the presentations available here.
- Workshop Program
- Organic Production Cost Planning -Roy Arnott (MAFRD)
- Updates to the Certification Process - Janine Gibson
- Systems Design for Soil Fertility - Joanne Thiessen Martens
- Systems Design for Organic Weed Management - Brenda Frick
Although we have a good recording of the panelist's input below, sound from the audience did not pick up well, nevertheless much of it is discernable. The videos are a good watch if you skip the Q&A.
- Farmer Panel - My Transiton to Organic
- Farmer Panel - How do I maintain fertility
- Farmer Panel - How do I control weeds